Maternity Style Guide
Below is my personal advice for how to style your Maternity Session.
- Consider wearing a long dress or gown as they look the best for maternity photos
- Avoid tight, short dresses
- Avoid jeans and t-shirts for mama to be
- There will be close ups of your hands on your belly. You may want to get a manicure or at least ensure your fingernails and hands look their best
- Limit the amount of jewelry as too much can be distracting
- Hire a hair and makeup artist to help get you ready
- Bring a prop or two if you choose - ex. newborn baby shoes
Floral Crowns are always a beautiful accessory for any photoshoot, especially maternity. If you're considering getting one, order it through a florist. Fresh flowers photograph better than silk ones.
Once you've picked out your wardrobe, you'll have to choose what your family will wear.
- Choose 'dressier' type attire
- Limit the number of patterns to one or two people (you don't want florals, plaids and more in one image, so choose one person to wear patterns)
- Choose 3-4 colors and stay within that color scheme to avoid the wardrobe being too busy looking